In markets such as the one we are in ,we must think of our fiduciary obligations. This applies to any size private equity firm. There are ways to maximize the savings in purchasing insurance capital. Aggregated leverage is the biggest and the best way. Whether it is benefits or Property and Casualty the aggregated approach is the best bang for the buck. There are several methods of aggregating from the just placing all the business that fits with one carrier partner (benefits maybe more than one) or creating a financial mechanism that includes the companies that fit and the small ones who wouldn’t be given the sophisticated program designs larger companies get.
The benefits of this include but are not limited to:
- Price reduction
- Better terms and conditions
- A partner you can talk to in times of crisis and or loss
- Better claims adjudication in general
- Better post claims management loss is approx 70-80% of the total cost of risk. This benefit will also cause a reduction in the premiums
- Comfort with your losses allows you to feel comfortable self- insuring certain amounts of risk